I'm a senior software engineer that specializes in client-side technologies. I'm passionate about creating web pages that are fast, inclusive, intuitive, and responsive. Prior to my career as a developer, I was a lead artist in the video game industry, where I successfully shipped over 20 titles. I provided art direction, created 2D and 3D graphics, contributed to game and UI design, and managed teams and products of various size and scope.
Senior Software Developer, Expedia, March 2012 - present
Client-Side Engineering (CSE) team, June 2014 - present
- Added features and created components for Expedia's design and development framework, UI Toolkit (UITK). UITK is widely used internally; it's present on 80% of Expedia page views worldwide.
- Provided technical support and consultation to teams across the organization, both for UITK and general client-side inquiries.
- Mentored a Girls Who Code (GWC) intern and taught workshops for GWC apprentices.
- Conducted client-side technical interviews for job applicants.
- Created an accessible Date Picker that was tested by an employee of The National Federation of the Blind. My work received excellent reviews.
Loyalty Engineering Organization (LEO) team, March 2012 - June 2014
- Collaborated with product owners, back-end engineers, and UX to create responsive pages and UI for Expedia Rewards.
- Trained a production team for a high-profile Travelocity merchandising project.
- Worked with internal and external stakeholders to develop promotional content and frameworks.
Intern, TricksterViz, July 2011 - August 2011
- Developed and designed the company's website, including the graphics, SEO, analytics, and copywriting.
- Set up an Amazon EC2 server.
- Investigated various frameworks and SDKs for mobile game development. Technologies considered were node.js, Impact.js, and Unity.
Henry Stinson: http://henrystinson.com/.
For both clients, I created all aspects of their websites. The focus was on translating their goals and materials into cohesive, concise experiences. I provided the design, graphics, copy, SEO, and full stack development.
Languages & Tools
Web Application Developer Certificate - Edmonds Community College, Lynnwood, WA
Associate of Arts in Visual Communication - The Art Institute of Seattle, Seattle, WA
Explored graphic design, composition, layout, illustration, typography, color theory, presentation and marketing. Received The Starr Foundation Award at the Society of Illustrators Annual Scholarship Competition in Manhattan, NY.
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
Studied cognitive and developmental psychology, personality theories, statistics, perception, adjustment and abnormalities, memory, and clinical trials. Dean's List, French minor.